Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Greek Gods - Poseidon line art

Here is  Poseidon in all his wet glory. I finished his line work and got him scanned, and ready for blogging.

He is still missing some line detail in his cape. I intend that to be a net, and I think I will save that for later, and will draw it in with pure color.

Poseidon, God of the sea. I see him of course wearing very little, gotta be hydro-dynamic after all... he get's a big sword/dagger + holster attached to his belt, his Trident of course, some shell clips, his mithra, and his net cape. I drew him a little sea shell horn on his far hip. You can only see the end sticking out from his thigh. I am thinking that would be his horn to call upon all the beasts and crackens of the sea he controls.

 I decided to morph his legs into something almost fin like. Extra steering and control underwater. Most of the gods could change their shapes at will, so why not make use of that for the god who lives in the more fluidic environment.

I'll be coloring him later and sharing more versions as I go.

Next week I will have one more line art preview to share. Hades, God of the Underworld. I am working on a project for my mainstream art, and will have tons to do for that the next couple weeks, but I have already got more drawings of Gods to come, so please keep checking back.

Thanks again!
~MBG

No comments: